Spread the Word is pleased to again be supporting TOAST Poetry with the second round of their development scheme for mid-career poets.
What is TOAST Poets?
TOAST Poets is a professional development project for mid-career poets. It takes the form of eleven workshops over the course of a year. Each TOAST Poet is offered two, hour long mentoring sessions with an established poet or editor to discuss their work and what steps they might take to progress.
After the completion of the course TOAST Poets will be eligible for any performance events, discussion panels or other opportunities TOAST has on offer.
Who is TOAST Poets for?
We are looking for poets who work hard at their craft, poets who are past the emerging stage. You do not need to have written a first collection or pamphlet but should be looking at developing a comprehensive body of work. We are looking for poets who should be beginning to do one or all of the following:
- Reading and writing poetry regularly
- Be interested in developing a cohesive and professional body of work
- Have taken steps already to develop their poetry to a professional standard
- Begun to have their work published in magazines
- Written their first pamphlet or one-person show
What do you commit to?
Poets will commit to attending all eleven workshops in London starting in October 2017 and ending in July 2018. If offered a place on the course all participants are expected to attend every session. If participants miss more than 2 sessions without explanation their place on the course will be reallocated. Exceptions will be made for illness and unexpected circumstances.
Poets also commit to two, hour long mentoring session in London at the end of the course in November 2017 & in July 2018.
Full dates and times of the workshops and mentoring can be found at the bottom of the application pack.
How do you apply?
All applicants must send:
- 3 A4 pages of poems
- A completed application form
- A writer’s CV (1-2 pages) detailing their publication, work and performance so far
- Please also include email and phone contact details. All applications should reach firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on the 25 August 2017
Applicants will be contacted by Monday 11 September 2017 to let them know if they have been successful.
My question hasn’t been answered here
Take a look at the FAQs: toastpoetry.com/projects/faqs/
Spread the Word are pleased to be supporting TOAST Poetry with the application process.