We prioritise accessibility. We want to make sure that as many people from Deptford, Lewisham and beyond can access as much of the festival as possible.
Information about the event in BSL
Information about the event in Audio
Access at the Festival
We want to let you know that:
- All in-person Deptford Literature Festival events are BSL interpreted and marked with BSL in the brochures.
- All events are wheelchair accessible with accessible toilets.
- A quiet space is available during the day at Deptford Lounge, in the Music Room, on the first floor. Two events will take place online and six will be streamed as-live and captioned.
- The links for each event will be emailed to ticket holders prior to the Festival day.
- Deptford Lounge has Changing Place facilities, an induction loop and assistance dogs are welcome. For more information: deptfordlounge.org.uk/access
- The Albany has an induction loop and assistance dogs are welcome. Free tickets can be booked for companions or personal assistants. For more information: thealbany.org.uk/accessibility
Keeping you safe is our priority. We continue to encourage anyone displaying Covid-like symptoms not to attend the Festival and attendees aged 16 and over to consider wearing masks, except those who are exempt, to protect some of our vulnerable artists and audience members.
Masks will be available at the Festival Hub in Deptford Lounge. There will be hand sanitiser and air filters for events and workshops in the following spaces at Deptford Lounge: Main Hall, Room 1, Room 4 and the Studio.
If you require additional access provision in order to attend or take part in the Festival, for example larger print handouts at workshops, or a scribe, please get in touch before the festival day at: [email protected]
If you require assistance on the festival day itself, please come to the Festival Hub in the foyer of Deptford Lounge where we will be happy to help you.
Getting to the Festival
Travel – Getting to Deptford
Train: Deptford (2 min walk to Deptford Lounge).
Access: lift to both platforms, step-free access
DLR: Deptford Bridge (9 min walk to Deptford Lounge)
Access: lift to both platforms, step free access
Train/ overground: New Cross (8 min walk to Deptford Lounge)
Access: lift to platforms, ramp for train access, step free access, staff help available
Buses: 47 / 53 / 177 / 188 / 199 / 225 / 253
Bike parking: spaces outside Deptford Lounge and The Albany. For more spaces in Deptford check: activethings.app/home
Disabled car parking: Franklin Street car park is the closest to Deptford Lounge with seven disabled bays. The pay-and-display parking bays are 77 steps away from the Lounge.
Taxi drop off point: If you are travelling via taxi, the drop off point is on Giffin Street directly next to Deptford Lounge.
Published: 13 February 2024
Updated: 16 February 2024